Suwannee Fat Tire Festival
Oct. 24 - 26, 2014
Prizes for the 2014 Fat Tire Festival Raffle
or click here to register online (when it's open)
Join the fun and haunting in the woods of the White Springs area, Stephen Foster State Park.
Thursday check in at headquarters: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Potluck dinner 6:30 p.m.
Friday check in at Park Pavilion: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. First off road ride is scheduled for 10 a.m.
• Meet & Greet Wine Reception at Park Pavilion (5 p.m.)
Saturday Night: Bonfire and Huffy Toss | Costume contest |
Off-road riding – beginners to experts. Over 50 miles of beautiful woodland trails, including the 8 mi. challenging Foster's Hammock Loop trail inside the Park. Friday night ride for experienced riders.
Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic – Learn basic skills Saturday morning and then ride the trails with more confidence. Taught by Mike Kelley, an IMBA certified instructor and a longstanding SBA ride guide.
Road riding – Enjoy the quiet scenic country roads around White Springs (roads are marked)
Florida Trail Eco Photo Hike – Friday and Saturday, bring your camera to explore and capture the natural beauty of the Suwannee Valley on a leisurely walk.
Bike & Hike to Big Shoals – Ride the Woodpecker paved trail through the woods and a short hike to see Big Shoals.
Sat. Afternoon Kids Hour – apple dunking and more fun for the young ones
Paddle Trips (dependant on river levels and weather) – Paddling trips are not included in the event fee. Saturday Suwannee Paddle (White Springs): This trip explores a section of the Suwannee River. The trip will either be Saturday morning or afternoon allowing you to also ride. Canoe/Kayak Rentals: American Canoe Adventures, White Springs, 386.397.1309 or www.aca1.com. If you need a boat, contact the outfitter prior to the event to reserve a boat or to arrange your own paddle on Friday or Sunday. SBA will coordinate and lead the Saturday paddle.
Meals at the Park Pavilion or Headquarters: MEALS INCLUDED IN REGISTRATION FEE
• 2 Breakfasts – Saturday and Sunday breakfast (homemade oatmeal, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, fresh fruit)
• 1 Lunch – Saturday lunch catered by Fat Bellies
• 2 Dinners – Friday: Lasagna; Saturday barbecue catered by Fat Bellies
Click Here for a map of White Springs camping, lodging and eatings options.
Camping (Stephen Foster State Park) –
• If you are not camping, deduct $20 for each adult registration. Private sites are available for an additional $30 on a limited first come basis. Fee will be refunded if a private site is not available.
Other Local Lodging (Discount for SBA Members)
• White Springs Bed and Breakfast, 386.397.4252; www.whitespringsbnb.com
• Americas Best Value Inn, 386.963.2501
• Kelly’s RV Park, White Springs, 386.397.2616; 1.866.355.9600 www.kellysrvpark.com
• Participants under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. List name of accompanying adult, if parent will not be present. Children 5 and under do not receive t-shirt.
• Registration fee does not cover paddle trips.
• A $10 cancellation fee will be deducted from registration fees prior to Oct.15. No refunds after Oct. 15.
• Registration deadline is Oct. 8 to guarantee a t-shirt in your size.
• Event schedules will be finalized, on the SBA Web site and e-mailed prior to the festival to participants.
For questions related to the event, contact Event Coordinator: call Sharon Shea, 386.243.0115 or email: email@example.com
Check out pictures from past events at www.suwanneebike.org/photos.htm